Welcome! The Forum is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
The Education Council offers some useful tips for parents experiencing teachers for the first time
Our position on the funding review
- Kei Mātairangi ahau e noho ana, Kei raro iho ko Te Whanganui a Tara
- “It is advisable that the teacher should understand, and even be able to criticize the general principles upon which the whole educational system is formed and administered.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?
- “National Standards are a useful record of where a child is at a point in time. They don’t improve achievement per se, but rather show us where best to target resources and help teachers understand where they need to apply focus.
- Social media has created some issues teachers and schools, and therefore our profession, because of its potential to blur professional boundaries.
- Our chairperson Barbara Ala’alatoa agrees deciles are a blunt instrument when it comes to helping lift student achievement.
Start of new year a time of promise