Welcome! The Forum is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Society is governed by codes - everywhere we go, every community we visit will have its unique set of implicitly agreed upon ways of behaving and doing.
- As the agency primarily concerned with raising the status of the teaching profession we would like any future government to address this fundamental question: how do we properly recognise the positive influence our profession has in creating curi
- I have been reflecting on the fact that 2016 was the bicentenary of the first school in New Zealand as the end of the year approaches. I imagine that first school in the Bay of Islands when it opened back in August 1816.
“It appears, therefore, that of all secular professions, teaching is the most profoundly important…” “of all these professions teaching is the worse paid.”
Dr Graham Stoop, chief executive of the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand, outlines the Council’s position on the Government’s announcement on Communities of Online Learning.
- We are working on some new projects to support and champion teachers, and raise the status of our profession. These are important for the future of teaching. We invite you to help shape that future.
- We recently celebrated our first anniversary.
The Education Council offers some useful tips for parents experiencing teachers for the first time
Our position on the funding review
- Kei Mātairangi ahau e noho ana, Kei raro iho ko Te Whanganui a Tara