Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Remember last month when we asked you if you support using the initials RT after a registered teacher’s name? We’d like to share what we heard from you.
- We pulled up a chair in the Minister of Education Chris Hipkins' office to ask him questions from the teaching profession. Teachers submitted their questions to us in the days before the interview and more were asked live on the day.
- On Monday 2 July, we will be publishing decisions that have been made by the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal; some of the cases won’t make for easy reading.
- The Education Council is committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession; it’s a robust and determined path that teachers take to be recognised as a quality member of the teaching profession, with a legal right to call themselves a tea
- You can listen to the second episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- If you are applying NOW for the renewal or the issuing of a practising certificate you are no longer eligible for an exemption or reimbursement of the application fee. This is because the Primary Teachers Collective expired on 8/06/2018.
- On Friday we posted a poll on our Facebook page that asked the question of support for the Modern Learning Environment. The response was immense and provided the Council with insight not only on that subject.
- Lately, we’ve received a number of inquiries from ECE teachers working in home-based networks about being issued with and maintaining a practising certificate.
- You can listen to the inaugural episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- Cultural competence in an education setting sets the standard for teachers and guides the behaviours and attitudes that contribute to an environment where all tamariki feel like they belong.