Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- A profession-led system will bring equity and excellence into our schools
- Are you a Provisionally Certificated Teacher (PCT) looking to progress to Full Certification? Do you have an induction and mentoring programme in place?
- In June, the Minister for Education set up a Ministerial Advisory Group (and a reference group to support the MAG) to gather views from across the country that would help to inform the direction for work on Curriculum, Progress and Achievement no
- Record numbers of teachers have enrolled in the Education Council’s Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme this year.
- Remember last month when we asked you if you support using the initials RT after a registered teacher’s name? We’d like to share what we heard from you.
- We pulled up a chair in the Minister of Education Chris Hipkins' office to ask him questions from the teaching profession. Teachers submitted their questions to us in the days before the interview and more were asked live on the day.
- On Monday 2 July, we will be publishing decisions that have been made by the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal; some of the cases won’t make for easy reading.
- The Education Council is committed to lifting the status of the teaching profession; it’s a robust and determined path that teachers take to be recognised as a quality member of the teaching profession, with a legal right to call themselves a tea
- You can listen to the second episode of Teaching Today below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- NZEI Te Riu Roa and the Ministry of Education have met to resolve differences of interpretation of Clause 11 of the Terms of Settlement for the Primary Teachers’ Collective Agreement (collective agreement), which expires on 8 June 2018. They hav