Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Nelson College for Girls has transformed form time from an administrative dominant, under-valued paper-shuffle to a meaningful wellbeing and mentoring programme which helps the school produce good people, not just good students.
- The fourth episode of Teaching Today podcast is a case study on culturally responsive teaching at Rotorua Girls' High School - it is now available below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and
- The third episode of Teaching Today podcast is now available below or download from iTunes or Apple Podcasts - it's a podcast about teachers, with teachers and for teachers.
- A profession-led system will bring equity and excellence into our schools
- Are you partially completed or having difficulty putting your induction and mentoring programme in place? If so, we'd like to hear from you!
- In June, the Minister for Education set up a Ministerial Advisory Group (and a reference group to support the MAG) to gather views from across the country that would help to inform the direction for work on Curriculum, Progress and Achievement no
- Record numbers of teachers have enrolled in the Education Council’s Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme this year.
- Remember last month when we asked you if you support using the initials RT after a registered teacher’s name? We’d like to share what we heard from you.
- We pulled up a chair in the Minister of Education Chris Hipkins' office to ask him questions from the teaching profession. Teachers submitted their questions to us in the days before the interview and more were asked live on the day.
- On Monday 2 July, we will be publishing decisions that have been made by the New Zealand Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal; some of the cases won’t make for easy reading.