Welcome! This is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- Some collective agreement terms come to an end this year. If your collective agreement has expired it will mean that you’ll need to pay the fee to be issued, or renew your practising certificate.
- The Education Council Board met this week and discussed the question of teachers’ fees, among other things.
- Recent media stories about teacher numbers and registration requirements have suggested that the Education Council application process for teacher registration involves unnecessary bureaucracy and is a box-ticking exercise which leads to lengthy
- The EC30 Online renewal process is live! Teachers in schools can now put together and submit their application for a practising certificate online.
- 2017 has been a really busy year for collaboration and consultation!
- We hear from a lot of teachers asking why we’ve changed our criteria for proof of identity. The answer is we haven’t!
- We love sharing your hard work and celebrating your achievements, which is why we want to tell you about The Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards.
- It’s attitudes that are lagging, not action.
- We’re updating the Education Council Rules that were developed last year, to make sure they’re consistent with some recent changes, including the launch of the Code of Professional Responsibility and changes to the Education Act.
- In a report on current teacher shortages in the NZ Herald (30 October 2017), the new Minister of Education, Chris Hipkins, talks about “…a package of measures before Christmas to overcome teacher shortages.”