Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Requesting an extension to teach

An extension issued by the Education Council enables a professional leader to lawfully employ a person in a teaching position while their application for a practising certificate or authorisation is being processed.

The professional leader of the school or early learning centre must use this form to seek an extension, and must therefore be the person making this request.

When completing this form you need to have the following information:

  • your registration number (this is printed on your practising certificate card) - this is required for Principals and Acting Principals
  • the Education Council number for the teacher requiring the extension (refer to the acknowledgement letter sent by the Council to the teacher)
  • the learning centre's Ministry of Education (MOE) number.