|Before you complete your form, please read the proof of identity information. It's important you complete this section fully and correctly, otherwise your application may be delayed.|
- the application processing fee – this is non-refundable so it’s important to ensure you are eligible to apply
- any supporting information indicated on the form or in the Completion Guide information.
If you have not heard from us with 10 working days of submitting your application, please call us on 04 471 0852.
Collective Agreement Processing Fee Payment Forms
If you are eligible to be exempt from paying the practising certificate fee, use the form below. Once completed, your professional leader will need to sign this. If you are a teacher, your principal will need to sign the form, and if you are the principal your board chairperson/ commissioner will need to sign the form.
If your fees have already been paid, and you are eligible for a reimbursement of the practising certificate fee, you can use the same form to claim a reimbursement.
Please note – We need the original of this form so please post it in with your application or if you have already submitted and paid for your application and are applying for a reimbursement, please post this form in to the Education Council. We cannot accept photocopies or scans.
Exemption / Reimbursement Form
Effective Dates and Links for Collective Agreements
For more information on a specific collective agreement, including eligibility criteria for exemption or reimbursement, please use the below links.
- Area School Teachers' Collective Agreement 2016-2019 (8/04/16 - 7/04/19)
- Area School Principals' Collective Agreement 2016-2019 (30/06/16 - 29/06/19)
- Primary Teachers' Collective Agreement 2016-2018 (9/06/16 - 8/06/18)
- Primary Principals' Collective Agreement 2016-2018 (17/05/16 - 16/05/18)
- Secondary Teachers' Collective Agreement 2015-2018 (28/10/15 - 27/10/18)
Secondary Principals' Collective Agreement 2016-2019 (12/05/16 - 11/05/19)
Use this application form if you:
- completed your initial teacher education qualification in New Zealand and are applying for registration for the first time. You will also be issued with a practising certificate if your application is approved.
- have previously been registered with the Teachers Council or Education Council but are now unregistered.
- Application form and completion guide EC10 (PDF, 657KB)
- Application form and completion guide EC10 (RTF, 3.37MB)
- completed your teacher education programme outside New Zealand and you have not been previously registered in New Zealand; or
- you have current registration or membership with one of the Australian states included in the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Agreement and you are eligible to apply for registration and a practising certificate under the agreement.
- Application form for overseas registration EC15 (PDF, 615KB)
- Application form for overseas registration EC15 (RTF, 3.51MB)
- are registered but do not hold a practising certificate, and the last time you held a practising certificate it was in the category Provisional
- currently hold a Provisional practising certificate, and you need to renew your practising certificate
- Application form and completion guide EC80 Provisional (PDF, 564KB)
- Application form and completion guide EC80 Provisional (RTF, 3.49MB)
- currently hold a Subject to Confirmation practising certificate, and you need to renew your practising certificate; or
- currently hold (or last held) a Full practising certificate, but have insufficient recent teaching service to renew your practising certificate in that category.
- Application form and completion guide EC90 Subject to Confirmation (PDF, 558KB)
- Application form and completion guide EC90 Subject to Confirmation (RTF, 3.43MB)
EC20 Application form for provisionally certificated teachers to be issued with a Full practising certificate
- Application form and completion guide EC20 (PDF, 708KB)
- Application form and completion guide EC20 (RTF, 3.47MB)
EC21 Application form for teachers certificated Subject to Confirmation to be issued with a Full practising certificate
- Application form and completion guide EC21 (PDF, 796KB)
- Application form and completion guide EC21 (RTF, 3.45MB)
- Application for Full practising certificate renewal EC30 (PDF, 648KB)
- Application for Full practising certificate renewal EC30 (RTF, 3.50MB)
- have the skills and experience appropriate to advance the learning of students; or
- have skills that are in short supply. You need to meet specific criteria - see the Limited Authority to Teach Policy
- for up to a 1 year LAT - $56.22 (including GST)
- for up to a 2 year LAT* - $112.44 (including GST)
- for up to a 3 year LAT* - $168.66 (including GST)
Application for Limited Authority to Teach EC40 (PDF, 643KB)