Welcome! The Forum is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- “It is advisable that the teacher should understand, and even be able to criticize the general principles upon which the whole educational system is formed and administered.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?
- “National Standards are a useful record of where a child is at a point in time. They don’t improve achievement per se, but rather show us where best to target resources and help teachers understand where they need to apply focus.
- Social media has created some issues teachers and schools, and therefore our profession, because of its potential to blur professional boundaries.
- Our chairperson Barbara Ala’alatoa agrees deciles are a blunt instrument when it comes to helping lift student achievement.
Start of new year a time of promise
Great Teachers Make a Difference
Welcome! The Forum is your space to read about, and have your say on, the Council's work and goals.
- A big thank you to those who took the time to provide us with their views on our draft submission on the review of the Education Act 1989.