Welcome! The Forum is your place to read and comment on our work and goals.
- The feature which appeared in the New Zealand Herald on early childhood education raises a question: is the investment in early education paying off and are we seeing good results for that $1.5 b annual spend?
- “National Standards are a useful record of where a child is at a point in time. They don’t improve achievement per se, but rather show us where best to target resources and help teachers understand where they need to apply focus.
- Social media has created some issues teachers and schools, and therefore our profession, because of its potential to blur professional boundaries.
- Our chairperson Barbara Ala’alatoa agrees deciles are a blunt instrument when it comes to helping lift student achievement.
Start of new year a time of promise
Great Teachers Make a Difference
Welcome! The Forum is your space to read about, and have your say on, the Council's work and goals.
- A big thank you to those who took the time to provide us with their views on our draft submission on the review of the Education Act 1989.
Our draft submission focuses on the need for the Education Act to adapt to a modern teaching and learning environment, enabling better outcomes for learners through strong support of teachers.
In this post our CE talks about our submission on the review of the Education Act