Vacancy: Chief Financial Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CFO/GM Finance who is looking to make their mark.
The Education Council is the professional body for all teachers. We are independent, and act in the interests of teachers to enable and support leadership to teachers and direction for the education profession, including teacher education, continued professional and leadership development. We establish and maintain criteria for teacher registration, standards for ongoing practice and criteria for the issue of practising certificates of different kinds. Alongside this we monitor and maintain the requirements relating to conduct, competence and impairment and establish and maintain a code of professional responsibility for teachers
This is an exciting time to join the Education Council as we position ourselves to enable and support leadership by the profession to maximise the success of every learner in Aotearoa through highly effective leadership and teaching.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, the Chief Finance Officer is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, has a high level of delegated authority and is responsible for the management of the Council's finance, accounting and investment functions.
Our ideal person will have:
- The ability to work at both a strategic and hands on level and a track record of providing exceptional financial management
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting or Finance and be a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand
- Experience in senior CFO/GM Finance roles
- Proven track record in managing, developing and maintaining relationships and enhancing personal credibility with senior stakeholders
- The ability to engage, inspire and drive the performance of teams across business areas
- Demonstrated ability to undertake comprehensive process analysis and implement process improvements
- Ability to understand financial and commercially complicated technical issues and express them in straightforward terms
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at a strategic level to the development of business planning processes and business plans
Click here to view the full position description.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please email your completed application form, curriculum vitae and covering letter to email@example.com.
Application forms are available to download at http://educationcouncil.org.nz/vacancies.
Applications close at 5pm on 6 December 2016.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.